15 Christian Affiliate Programs for Your PodcastMar 12, 2021
Monetizing your podcast is one of the most important steps to take your show to the next level. Affiliate programs are perhaps the easiest way to make some money from your audience. Unlike sponsors or ads, with affiliate programs you don’t need thousands of downloads per episode. It’s a win-win for the business and podcasters alike since you only get paid when you sell a product.
While Amazon’s affiliate program is an attractive option, you may feel more comfortable working with Christian companies.
You can use the following list to get started to find great companies and products to promote in your show, on your site and throughout your social media platforms.
Remember, the best way to sell affiliate products is to USE them and LOVE them.
1. Digital Missionary Academy - The Digital Missionary Academy is run by veteran Christian podcaster Travis Albritton. In this community, he teaches regular purpose-driven Christians to use social media to reach the world for Christ. Affiliates earn a 40% recurring commission on each person you refer for the lifetime that the person is a member.
2. ChurchSource - ChurchSource targets pastors and church leaders with Bibles, bible studies, Christian books, curriculum and ministry training. They have an affiliate program through ShareASale which earns you 10% commission on any sale through your link within 60 days. You might consider this affiliate program if your audience are church and ministry leaders.
3. American Bible Society - The American Bible Society runs the powerhouse Bible.com. Their affiliate program through ShareASale offers commissions starting at 10% of every sale. The American Bible Society specialized in providing Bibles in a variety of translations and languages, but they also sell other Christian resources.
4. Answers in Genesis - This ministry dedicated to promoting creationism and Christian apologetics gives out a 12% commission when people buy through your link. They sell books, DVDs, homeschool curricula plus a variety of other resources.
5. Nest Learning - Nest Learning produces Christian education resources like curriculum and school supplies. They also are the creators of the NEST Animated Hero Classic and the Animated Bible Stories series. Through ShareASale, you can earn 11% commission but up to 15% if you send them a high volume of referrals.
6. IAmHis365 - IAmHis365 sells traditional Catholic products, mainly printable worksheets and coloring pages. They also have a monthly subscription program. Affiliates earn 15% of sales, and for the recurring monthly subscriptions affiliates earn 15% for the entire time someone is signed up. They pay through PayPal.
7. ChristianBook.com - Christian Book is like the Christian version of Amazon. They have just about everything—though they focus on books, as the name suggests. To become an affiliate, they have a few expectations, one of them being that you commit to at least $313 of sales annually (so be sure you have a dedicated audience before you sign up). Commission is 8% for physical products and 5% for digital downloads.
8. The Catholic Company - Niching down even further is a specifically Catholic company, perfect for an audience that is mostly this group. The Catholic Company sells a variety of religious products related to the Catholic faith. Books, jewelry, gifts, church supplies—you name it. As an affiliate of The Catholic Company you will earn 8% commission and have access to special deals and promotions.
9. Kerusso - Maybe your podcast audience love showing off their love of Jesus with style. Kerusso is one of the biggest names in Christian t-shirts, jewelry and other accessories. Kerusso uses FlexOffers to track the commission you earn on sales. No rate is specified.
10. Christian Strong - Christian Strong is another Christian apparel brand with some really unique designs. Their affiliate program offers 10% commission on sales with monthly payouts.
11. PureFlix - Christian families are constantly looking for clean entertainment. PureFlix is one of the largest media streaming and production companies producing Christian entertainment. Like the name suggests, they essentially are the “Christian Netflix.” Affiliates earn $15 per sale.
12. Crossflix - Crossflix is another Christian movie streaming platform. Via ShareASale, affiliates receive 30% commission from subscriptions. They also provide you with banners and videos to help you promote their platform.
13. Dayspring - Even in the internet age, people still buy greeting cards! Along with greeting cards, Dayspring sells Christian gifts and décor. Affiliates have an array of benefits including banners, exclusive offers, and rewards for top performers.
14. Hope Fuel - Hope Fuel produces items related to Christian productively, like planners and printables. They are selective about the affiliates they work with so to sign up, they have some rules: you must be dedicated to regularly updating your blog or social media, you must not post controversial opinions, and you must be a dedicated planner user. Commission is 15%.
15. BibleBelle - This program is perfect for podcasters reaching young girls or their parents. BibleBelle is a ministry that teaches young girls their true worth. They primarily sell children’s books aimed at young Christian girls, many of which are stories about women in the Bible. Commission is 8% of sales.
Before you sign up for one of these programs, you are going to need to have an awesome show with a dedicated audience.
Joining the Christian Podcasters Association is the perfect way to get the training, accountability, and networking necessary to take your Christian podcast up a notch. Join the monthly membership to get access to video trainings and weekly masterminds.
Jake Doberenz is a writer, podcaster, and entrepreneur. He founded Theophany Media (www.theophanymedia.com) to help Christian creatives use their art to change the world for Christ.