Jennifer Eikenhorst of Accidental HopeOct 30, 2020
Jennifer Eikenhorst is the host of Accidental Hope. She is a mom of four, wife, and a middle school math teacher. Her story changed when she caused an accident that killed someone. Today, Jennifer shares how her podcast gave her a place to share her story, help people like her, and create good out of a tragic situation. Jennifer's podcasting journey reminds us that we can do big things even when we are scared.
Listen to Jennifer's story now!
Stories Jennifer shared:
- Her crazy house including a quarantine puppy
- Loving dance fitness
- Getting on bikes with the family
- Starting her podcast in 2018
- Tools she didn't know she had that helps with podcasting
- The tragic car accident that changed her life
- The pushback she expected when she started her podcast
- Wrestling with Imposter's Syndrome
- Reaching for guests she thought would never say yes
- Her favorite guests on the show
- Opening up on mental health in the church
- Starting scared and the joy as a result
- Starting a YouTube channel next
- Writing her memoir
Great quotes from Jennifer:
God put a bunch of tools in my tool belt before I even knew.
I'm only there for one, anyway. I'm only there for God and he can work out the rest.
I did it while I was scared and now it's one of the things that brings me joy.
Resources we mentioned:
- Jennifer's website
- Jennifer's favorite episodes:
- The Sorrow and Shame of the Accidental Killer in the New Yorker
- Amber Cullum of Grace Enough Podcast
- Seth Price of Can I Say This at Church
- Meg Glesener of Letters from Home