Building Your Podcast House with Eric NevinsMay 03, 2023
Creating a successful podcast requires laying a strong foundation, much like building a house.
This foundation includes a clear understanding of the intended audience and the purpose behind the podcast itself. Crafting a solid foundation ensures that the podcast has a specific direction to follow, and a message that resonates with the target listeners.
Eric Nevins emphasizes the importance of being intentional with one's podcast design, and committing to the process of improvement and growth over time. In this episode, Eric shares his experiences and insights on how to build a sustainable podcast by understanding the role of mindset, messaging, mechanics, and monetization.
He talks about making conscious decisions regarding the direction of the podcast and how to serve the intended audience. Stay true to your core values and purpose while adapting and growing to better serve the listeners' needs.
More about Eric Nevins
Podcasting became an obsession for me when I was bored in my cubicle in 2013. I've listened to thousands of hours of podcasts and one day realized just how much impact they could have for the Gospel.
In 2016, I started my show, Halfway There, to tell the full story of the Christian life with God. Then, in 2017, I started Christian Podcasters Association as a group on Facebook to bring Christian podcasters together. It's evolved from just a group where people post their latest episodes to a membership that promotes the cause of Christian podcasting and podcasters around the world.
Now I use what I've learned to help people just like you start and grow their podcasts. I’ll show you how to overcome fear, streamline your processes, and reach the people God is calling you to with your podcast. Come along if you'd like.
Connect with Eric over on Facebook:
- Building your podcast house
- What is sustainability
- Taking the time to craft your message well and offering a transformation
- Podcasting is a longtail
- How to get clarity
- Why turning your podcast into a movement important, especially as a Christian Podcaster
- Why building a podcast is like building a house
- What is a mindset
- Understanding limiting beliefs and how it affects you
- The importance of having a message to share
- Details about house metaphor to making a podcast
- Mechanics (tools and systems you use to deliver your message to your audience)
- Monetization (delivering your promise transformation to your audience in a package they can purchase)
RESOURCES AND LINKS FROM THE SHOW:
- Christian Podcasters Association Facebook Group
- Christian Podcasters Association
- Halfway There Podcast
- CPA Gold Membership
- The Christian Podcaster Content Calendar
CONNECT WITH ME
- CHRISTIAN PODCASTER ASSOCIATION (CPA) FB GROUP
- CHRISTIAN PODCAST GUEST FB GROUP
- HALFWAY THERE PODCAST
- HALFWAY THERE PODCAST FB
- CHRISTIAN PODCASTERS ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
MORE ABOUT THE CHRISTIAN PODCASTER PODCAST SHOW:
The Christian Podcaster is the official podcast of Christian Podcasters Association. We help Christians with a message develop, launch, and grow their podcasts so they can serve the people God is calling them to. Whether you’ve started your show or are ready to launch, this podcast is for you.